- Show more
Water and the importance of their care for humanity
Of all the elements of nature. Water is the most valuable for its fundamental character for life on the planet. All forms of life on Earth depend on water. It is considered as a vital element, if they do not have the proper consumption of this substance, living beings die. Water is chemically defined as a substance whose molecules are constituted by two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen
Each human being needs several liters of drinking fresh water to live daily. As is known, fresh water is very precious. About 97% of our planet’s water is salty and therefore is not suitable for human consumption.
Science has devised ways to treat water that will be allocated to human consumption, so it is taken to treatment plants where substances are added, such as chlorine, which help purify water, that is, turn it intoSuitable for human consumption, which is achieved by making it contain less than ten bacteria that could affect the health of intestines per liter. From there, there is a long and complicated trip through pipes to the different houses, where it must be treated again (filtered, boiled, etc.) In order to prevent it from being contaminated
Drinking water, bathing or washing clothes and utensils are not the only uses that are given to the water, since in addition to domestic employment, industry and service companies also use large amounts of water. It also provides us with a lot of multiple benefits. The main advantage that water brings to our life is its revitalizing function. Our skin dries under the sun and water is always there to revitalize it.
In the process of studying, working and playing, we all get tired. This means that our body needs water to recharge fatigue in order to continue with our daily activities. It is important to mention that fatigue can be both physical and mental in nature.
In my opinion, the social and economic awareness of this problem is becoming more intense and deep reflection. There is a certain number of people who care about water care, doing campaigns or actions that protect water from any risk situation. Only for the simple fact that man has cost a lot to understand that without this liquid the living beings would not exist.
In recent years, we have been able to observe that quality and purity have decreased, leaving only pollution and death of some living beings in place. The most impressive thing is that all this is inherited to the future generations of our planet, we are leaving them dirty seas, rivers contaminated by toxic substances and garbage, they will not have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful landscapes that we are seeing today, they will only have a futureDesert and hostile. All this problem is very serious since we depend totally on this natural resource.
In addition to pollution, the consequences of water shortage for life on the planet must also be taken into account:
- Water scarcity forces the population to use contaminated sources of water to drink. This also means that they cannot wash, wash clothes and clean their houses properly,
- Poor quality water can increase the risk of diarrheal diseases, such as: cholera, typhoid fever, salmonellosis, other gastrointestinal viral diseases.
- Water scarcity induces the population to store water in their homes. This can increase the risk of domestic water pollution and offer hatcheries for mosquitoes, which are disease vectors
- Water scarcity highlights the need to better manage water resources. Good water management will reduce the breeding places of disease vectors.
As I said before, water is life. According to some studies, a person can live 3 to 5 days without water. But there are some requirements that must be met:
- First, the person must be absolutely healthy.
- Second, it must be located in perfect condition. This means that the temperature should not be high or low.
The fact that we all live in large cities where regular stress is something we have all become accustomed to, it is not surprising that constant nervous tension makes us old. This is when water can also help through its revitalizing characteristics. In addition to that, this beautiful liquid can hydrate our body, in our daily lives we like to play games, we work a lot and perspire, which is generally the reason behind the dehydration of the body.
Applied environmental policy for water pollution control is less effective in developing countries due to institutional restrictions. The lack of coordination between the deficiencies in the governance of natural resources and the lack of environmental education, are some of the factors that help explain the pollution and shortage in the water.
Research could also be oriented towards a comparative analysis of different regions in order to determine trends and pollution patterns.
We can say that by fulfilling these suggested actions and aforementioned approaches, we will have control about this great problem.
It is not an easy task to achieve great change, we all have to support us all so that we make more strength and achieve the objectives. A day when you get up you can start gradually creating awareness and trying to assimilate these actions that are for the good of all.
I would like to propose some very simple daily activities to suppose considerable daily water savings:
- Taps should be closed when water is not used. Throughout the day we carry out many activities for which we need water: shower, brush our teeth or clean. All this can be carried out efficiently with water consumption. The tap does not have to be open while we brush our teeth, we shave, we swelled the body or we are rubbing our heads. Every minute that is open the water passing average ten liters through the drainage. Ten liters that we do not use!
- When showering and you know that the water takes a little time to heat up, you can take advantage of the cold water that comes out at the beginning to fill a couple of cubes. You can also clean house soils.
- Taps can incorporate special nozzles that fit almost all models. These nozzles make the water jet distributed better and are much more practical. With less water we will get greater pressure and better results.
- Put a bin in the bathroom and throw there the disposable rackbill wipes, the papers and cotton that is used to clean the face or extend the creams, paper scarves etc. The WC is not a bin and every time we empty the tank, six liters of water fall on average.
- Modern tanks have a double system according to the water that we need to download. If you are given to a button, it will only be half load, while if we need a larger download we will give the biggest button. But if there is an ancient cistern can be placed inside a two -liter plastic bottle full of water and closed. When occupying this space, it will never be loaded to the maximum and we will be saving two liters of each time it is used. In some deposits it is possible to save up to four liters by placing two bottles. Although only the toilet will use twice a day at home, saving 2 liters every time, after the year it would be saving 1.Approximately 500 liters of water. And that for each person from their home.
- If there are washing machine, dishwasher and other appliances that use water we can save two ways with them: when acquiring them choose those that have water savings programs (in addition to low energy consumption). And when they are used that they are always filled or programming for half a load. Use the appropriate program, do not put a long wash program with prelavos if the clothes do not present stains. The garments we wear every day, bedding and bath towels can be washed with a short program. Let’s leave long programs for work clothes with difficult stains, kitchen cloths or similar.
- If you have to wash fruit or vegetables it can be done in a container with water. In this way it can be reused to, for example, water the plants.
- If any of the dripped taps must be repaired quickly. For a small leak you can go several liters of water every day.
Keep in mind that water is not only important for people and animals, but also for plants. So, if we look deeper, it is easy to see that if there were no water to feed the plants, there would be no oxygen for us.
We cannot forget that today, there is no vaccine that allows COVID-19 to stop and place prevention as the best tool to combat virus. In this sense, and to contain its propagation as far as possible, it is essential to take measures in water, sanitation and hygiene.