- Show more
Understand that it is a leadership or be a leader in an organization
Understanding that it is a leadership or a leader will help us lead to an organization and achieve the proposed objectives, it will also help us solve problems within them, for this reason it is important to know how to distinguish the types of leaders to be able to recognize that leaderWe resist.
Studying the role that a leader plays in a company or institution will allow us.
Who exercises leadership is a leader, who is a person who manages to motivate or influence another to achieve a joint goal, giving incentives to achieve the proposed goals.
The work exercised by the leader is to establish goals or objectives and achieve them together with their workers, colleagues, equipment or organization, the leader is an essential component in a company to achieve the expected benefits in this, not only the leader may beIn an organization it can also be given in sport, since young people will be reflected or will follow a person who has been successful in sports life.
There are two leader classifications the formal that is predestined by a headquarters of an organization and the informal when it is naturally select by its demonstrated skills within a group.
We will present the different types of leaderships most common and known in Chilean companies.
- Autocratic leadership: Leaders work creating clear structures and have absolute power over their subordinates, and is based through rewards, for example, the paid of the monthly salary or other benefits that can be associated with well -done work, there are high levels of absenteeism and rotationof the staff. Clear and concise example of successful rugby equipment, since they present an organized structure, discipline and obtaining the triumph.
- Bureaucratic leadership: as the word says it are highly bureaucratic, in a nutwork, heavy machinery, weight, among others).
- Charismatic leadership: these types of leaders have the ability to inspire motivation in their workers, mainly stands out for their ability to seduction and admiration. He is a leader with very good business results for his good visionary and inspiring level by changing the needs, values, objectives or aspirations of the workers. The group meets around the leader for their ability to communicate and charisma. The failure is that their errors are forgiven and their achievements are mitigated not allowing to be objective. Example: Steve Jobs charismatic leader in business, entrepreneur.
- Participatory or democratic leadership: this type of leader encourages community participation, organization and/or workers, although he is the last to make the decision, his condition increases work satisfaction but also helps develop skills. Team members feel in control of their own destiny, which exerts motivation to work hard to achieve the goal rather than to receive a reward. Example Nelson Mandela, political and south African leader victim of racial policies became president after decades of prison.
- Laissez-Faire leadership: it is a French expression that means "let it be" and is characterized by granting their workers, allowing them to make their own decisions, there is little support from the leader.
- Transformational leadership: it is considered the most complete leadership and act under the scheme of the so -called authentic leaders, since they work with greater flexibility, motivate and increase the productivity and efficiency of the group. Example Howard Schultz and Starbucks Transform the experience of drinking coffee.
- Transactional leadership: This leader is also known as institutional leadership, directs his attention on supervision, organization and all performance in the group, the leader generates his workers awards or punishments.
- Task -oriented leadership: this leadership is clearly focusing on growth to the task that they must execute as a company and do it in the fastest and efficient way, no matter the growth of people in the team in the team.
- Curve leadership: This leader works for the success of the team, if everything works well, the team feels motivated. Productivity increases the entire environment is satisfactory the curve of happiness occurs.
In this report we will focus on the movie "The Wolf of Wall Street" that gives us clear examples of various types of leadership and that can reach business and personal success as long as they are not committed excesses.
- The leader firmly believes in what is proposed (clear and defined goals)
- Its workers are faithful followers, they share the same ideals
- The leader is generous, earns a lot of money, but he also doses pleasure and shares so that they are happy and satisfied.
- The leader faces the problems as they appear, does not care about non -existing problems, but is only organized with an action plan when necessary.
- The leader does not expect the opportunity He creates it, according to his knowledge he seeks opportunities.
The ability of a leader is knowing.
Each of the styles of leaders is characterized differently, but none is better than the other, each style is used differently depending on the need of the company or institution. The importance is to know when to use each type of leader when they can face some adversity and be able to get victorious and achieve optimal benefits. Each style is efficient for what is requested, what should be taken into account is the leader’s treatment towards the employer, work in a good work and professional environment with constant changes so as not to fall into monotony and thus be updated day by day.