- Show more
Types of communication that organizations handle through documents
The purpose of this study is to know the types of communication used by organizations through documents, as well as detail the technical standards of standardized document management – ISO standard, in addition to recognizing the types of files that organizations have, the rules that rules that rules that rules that rules that rules that They regulate them, the profile of professionals who manage the archive, the physical and environmental area where physical and digital archives will be stored, and distinguish physical and tacit documentation. For this study, the documentary research method will be used, supported by the investigation of data in primary and secondary sources, in which the types of files and the characteristics of its management are listed. Achieving as results differentiating the types of communication that companies use, and understanding the ISO standards of documentary organizational management, as well as understanding the means involved in the management of the archives and the foundations on which the physical documentation of the tacit is differentiated.
Communication within private or public companies is significant, because the development of activities in each area needs the authorization of a superior to transmit information to other collaborators either through physical or tacit files, in addition to determining the entry and exit of documents that will improve document management in the organization.
The technical standards of standardized document management, is formed by 2 sections: “ISO 30300. Document management system. Fundamentals and vocabulary. – Specific terminology for the entire series of standards, the objectives and benefits of an SGD and ISO 30301. Document management system. Requirements. – Specific the requirements to use a document management system, when an organization wants to demonstrate its ability to create and control the documents of its activities during the time you need them ”
The file is "a set of documents generated or gathered and saved by a person or public/private entity, these are stored in different physical or digital sources" (Metropolitan Directorate of Document Management and Archives., 2020).
The types of archiving that are handled in accordance with “the national technical rule for the organization and maintenance of public archives are:
- Management Archives: Contains all documentation, generated by administrative units, which is submitted to continuous use and consultation.
- Central Archive: Custody and manages the documentation from the management archives that have completed 2 years, with the exception of the information considered useful for the administrative unit.
- Intermediate archive: custody and manages the documentary funds transferred by the central archives that have turned at least 15 years in public entities.
- Historical Archive: Custody the documentation that after going through a secondary assessment process acquires the character of permanent ”(National Technical Rule for the Organization and Maintenance of Public Archives, 2019).
There are other classifications that are established by the INEC in “the General Archive Manual and Document Management, in which the following files are:
- Office Archives (Active): Documents generated by the activities of each of the processes and/or subprocesses. Its function is the organization and conservation of the documentation, if its use is constant its permanence will be 1 year, then they will be eliminated in the process and/or subprocess, prior evaluation by the Director of the area.
- Passive file: They constitute the documents selected by each process and/or subprocess, after the classifications and evaluations have been carried out.
- Digital Archive: They are organized with the incorporation of latest generation information and communication technologies in order to protect, manage and preserve the information generated in the institution.
- Communicational (Promotional) Archive: It is constituted by the promotional material prepared for the different projects, surveys such as dissemination and advertising of these; as well as those supports that give faith of institutional identity ”(General Archive Manual and Document Management, 2015).
The file standards that regulate file types according to the art. 6 of the Technical Regulations for Document Management and Archive: “The commitment to organize, manage, conserve and protect the file documents that are generated or received, applying the document management methodology and archive that ensures its authenticity, reliability, reliability, , integrity and availability, and art.7 will be issued, classified, register, will preserve, transfer, value and fulfill their final destination, which can be low documentary or final transfer to the National Archive of Ecuador for the preservation of the documentary heritage of the Nation, in accordance with the methodology established in This Technical Standard ”(National Secretary of the Public Administration, 2016).
“The profile of the professionals who manage the archive consists of the knowledge, skills, skills and values to plan, organize, analyze, design, evaluate and put into production services and information systems based on the use of modern technologies especially those supported In computer science and telecommunications. Ethical training and must have the ability to plan, direct, coordinate and organize documentation services for the use of institutions and people. And finally lead the creation of management and update of the information infrastructure for access to the sources of knowledge of institutions and people ”(archivist’s profile).
According to the "art. 55.- Adaptation of spaces and furniture endowment The physical infrastructure must comply with current construction standards. The preference structure will be in reinforced concrete, with adequate space, with little energy cost and that contemplate documentary growth. The walls will be smooth preferably and materials that breathe like plaster ”(National Technical Rule for the organization and maintenance of public archives, 2019).
Based on "art. 58.- Monitoring and control of environmental conditions The main factors that generate damage to documents are temperature, moisture, light and air pollutants.
Temperature and humidity. – There is no ideal relative temperature and humidity, only ranges and values that help minimize sudden changes in materials; Thus a temperature or humidity that is acceptable for a material can be disastrous for another ”(National Technical Rule for the organization and maintenance of public archives, 2019).
RESULTS AND DISCUSSIONS
In the sections of the technical standards of document management, procedures, responsibilities, transparency, traceability, etc., that must design, implement and comply with organizations with physical documents, thus results are obtained that optimize the quality of document management.
The types of files used in public organizations also apply to private They destroy in the same process or stored years in the case of historical ones who become permanent for the company.
The file standards that regulate the types of files help the entry, exit, interrelation and storage of documents be effective, because if guidelines are not followed, the company can cross erroneous and poor information to the areas/departments. Therefore, the rules indicate the relationship that each type of file must carry until it is stored.
As the archive administrators have already mentioned previously, they need to have skills and skills to manipulate the information that exists within the company, to that is added the knowledge of planning, organizing, directing and controlling that every administrator must have, here it also influences The ethics of the archivista of dividing and correcting the files in its storage place.
The physical and environmental conditions that involve file storage are related to different factors, as already mentioned: they can be physical and environmental, in the first one it should be considered that the structure is concrete, the lighting in the location of the files, And in the second the temperature must. In digital files, documents also suffer threat, because they exist, cybernetic thieves, computer and hacker viruses that can steal information, so it is necessary for the company to have digital safety programs such as caution.
In conclusion, the type of communication within organizations is formal and informal everything depends on the requirement of managers or superiors, in addition to handling physical documentation which helps to strengthen formal communication and tacit documentation that adds time to the activities to be carried out because there is already a previous knowledge of what should be done.
As for the types of files, each one differs by small details, including the years that must be stored, the destruction that can be done within the same process or necessarily outside this, the period of use, etc. This is how each private or public organization stores the files physical or digitally. In addition to taking into account the location of these, due to the physical and environmental factors that can destroy our work or keep it in excellent condition.
- ISO/TC 46 Technical Committee . (December 2011). Culture and sport. (Aenor, ed.) Obtained from https: // www.Culture and Sports.Gob.ES/DAM/JCR: 36534BCB-5DDB-48B4-8062-E40EE73E4DF0/NORMA-UNE-ISO-30300-2011.PDF
- Metropolitan Directorate of Document Management and Archives. (2020). Quito files. Obtained from http: // files.Quito.Gob.EC/Index.PHP/Conceptualization-artchivistic?View = Terms
- Ecuador in figures. (January 2015). Obtained from https: // www.Ecuadorencifras.Gob.EC/Lotaip/2015/diju/January/la3_ene_diju_archivoneral.PDF
- Google Sites. (s.F.). Obtained from https: // sites.Google.com/site/profile of thechivist/types-of-perfile/profile-professional
- Health.Gob.EC. (April 10, 2019). Obtained from https: // www.Health.Gob.EC/WP-Content/Uploads/2019/10/Tecnica-National Rule.PDF
- National Secretary of Public Administration. (June 15, 2016). Documentary Library. Obtained from http: // 184.108.40.206/Library/Documentary/Standard/Standard_Tecnica.PDF