- Show more
The swimmer and swimming pulsometer
Those who like to bring a lifestyle with well -being or dedicated to swimming practice professionally, are always aware of technological innovations. It can then be said that this is a technology advanced bracelet clock, which is responsible for measuring the pulsations and heart rate of the athlete who works in swimming, therefore, they are perfectly submersible due to their high water resistance. In addition to measuring what we mention before, it also allows you to know other parameters, such as the strokes, the lengths and the distance that has been traveled.
The pulsometers for swimming are very useful tools in all aspects, because, by their functions certain parameters can be determined while the athlete is swimming, for this reason, before buying any of the models that are in the market, the bestIt is to look good in the following aspects: this is the first thing that should be considered, in what type of waters it will swim, because, not all models of these watches are able to monitor he swam in certain waters. Some are designed to swim in a pool and others for open waters.
In order for the device to remain active during the entire training without going out or fails, it is necessary to be clear, without the battery it is enough resistance and long duration. In the case of those who practice triathlon, it is very important that they take this aspect into account, then, they must be entering and leaving the water until the test is completed. Fortunately, all high -end pulsometers have a battery that can last many continuous hours during activities.
Metrics that monitors
All swimming watches are different, not all have the same metrics and everything will depend on the level of professionalism that is needed. The most important metrics are:
- Distance, time and rhythm: the highest quality can measure the total distance that the athlete has swam, as well as the time he did. In turn, it provides data related to the average rhythm.
- Measure the lengths: it refers to the number of times the swimmer crosses the pool from end to end during a training session.
- The type of stroke: some of the models that are seen in the market, have the ability to automatically detect the stroke style, if it is butterfly, back, etc.
- SWOLF Score: It consists of an index that is scoring the athlete, depending on the performance and efficiency of his training. In addition, it is a relationship of the strokes with the distance it toured in a specific time. The fewer points more efficient marks is performance.
Pulsometers to swim in open waters or pools
Not all of these devices are designed or designed for all waters, for example, in swimming pools, the GPS signal may not arrive, but rather, an accelerometer device is needed that is responsible for detecting all the changes of meaning that theAthlete perform and, after predeterminating the length of the pool, the number of lengths will be obtained. On the other hand, for open waters, a pulsometer will be needed that has a GPS sensor, because in the sea it cannot be indicated to the device that was reached in the end. So, for the activities at sea it is necessary that you have this element.
Advantages of using a swimming pulsometer
As it is a useful and essential tool for those who practice swimming, due to their high technology, it offers a series of advantages, which, without a doubt, should be the most of:
- Allows counting strokes without losing concentration.
- You can download data in some application, being able to register the evolution of the athlete in your training.
- It is avoided counting the long ones, then, the same device warns by vibration.
- Control the breaks exactly, without having to do with the clock.
- Record the sessions of when and how much do nothing, helping to create a car discipline, as well as not to miss much between one session and another.
Maintenance of swimming pulsometers
These high -tech devices were manufactured with high resistance, precisely to be able to use them in different sports training, but for their useful life to be more durable, you must keep in mind that you have to keep a thorough care:
- Avoid exposing it to heat: high temperatures or exposure to the sun prolonged, could damage it. It should be remembered that it became water resistant, not at hot temperatures. It is necessary, then, not to leave it exposed to the sun’s rays or close to heat sources such as ovens or flies.
- Clean it at the end of a session: the most advisable is to rinse it after each drinking water training. Thus you can ensure the conservation of its roof and the straps. At the end of cleaning, it dries well with a clean cloth and then saved in its box until the following use.
- Ensure that you have IP certification: this is related to the resistance capacity of the device, indicating how much endures the dust and water.
As we have already mentioned, they are fundamental devices for athletes who are dedicated to swimming, either because it is amateur and wants to lead a healthy life, or simply, because it is a professional. Through them, you can know a large amount of parameters that help the performance and evolution of the athlete to improve more and more. One of them is the heart rate, the counter and type of strokes, the amount of lengths, the incorporated GPS sensor and other functionalities.
To decide among all the number of models that exist in the market, you just have to take into account all aspects that were mentioned before, always keeping in mind that the most important thing is to think about the type of water where it is going to swim, so thatIn this way the correct can be acquired, so precise data can be obtained with the expected results.
It is also necessary to remember the importance of the care that these watches must. For this reason, if a swimmer wishes to have the registration of all his progress, it is best to be decided by one that has all the specific characteristics that will improve both the technique and the performance of the same.