ISIS, Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, better known as ISIS, or simply as the Islamic State responds to a heterodox doctrine, which in its mood dissidently to the dogmas that established by the countries that constitute its region and otherwise its religion, it isThey constitute an insurgent pseudo -station, qualified as a terrorist (CNN, 2014). However, from the point of view of the themes raised to Module II, related to ¨Del multidimensional approach to the war-paz voltage¨, taking into account what is stated there, we are of opinion that the praxis of ISIS is limited to the termsdeveloped that define non-state political violence, characterized by implementing the psychology of terror on civil society, which seeks the re-islamization of the world. However, it does not present the classic terrorism class, but seeks its expansion through transformed and modified geopolitical models.
As for the phenomenon that is eluded when talking about the Islamic State, we can say that it, circumscribing to the typology of non -state violence linked to jihad and that somehow shows a relationship with a kind of terrorism, not properly, couldRecognize the Islamic State as a terrorist state, since it meets certain characteristics that are closely related to terrorism, namely:
- It is directed against civilians, as has happened on countless occasions where civilians have been victims of mass attacks, torture, disappearances by force and other vexars (El Pais, 2019).
- They carry a sequence of attacks, as was the attack on Charlie Hebdo in 2015, which resulted in 12 dead and 11 injured (The Telegraph, 2015).
- They do kidnappings, it is already known that the Islamic State has a kidnapping network (rewards for Justice, 2010).
- Psychology of terror.
- There is no territorial control as such, since it focuses mostly on the disseminated Muslim population around the world.
This means for the dynamics of international relations, since from the point of view of the resolution of political conflicts, the situation constitutes a peak where a series of states are affected by the consequences caused by the modus operandiof the Islamic State, since it leads to a social crisis that becomes late or later in elements that could well be considered susceptible to exploding war conflicts around the world, given the great influence that the pseudo -ostrated around the world possesses around the world. Seeing how it also constitutes a sign of the reappearance of religion in the political spaces of the world, which today are taking more strength. Becoming a rooting of cultural and religious differences that end up politicizing and affecting international society and therefore affecting international state relations to state. Being a purely totalistic character that confers the violence driven by ISIS, making bearers of an alleged legitimacy "Divina", which seeks to damage millions of people around the world and affect their relations from the social, political and economic point of view.
- CNN. (2019). CNN. What does ISIS more fearsome and powerful than Al Qaeda?. [Online] Available at: https: // cnnespanol.CNN.com/?Redirect = CNNMexico [Visited on Nov 23. 2019].
- González, r. (2019). Eight uniformed die in an ISIS attack in the province of Sinai. [Online] the country. Available at: https: // elpais.com/international/2019/06/05/current/1559735670_092818.HTML [Visited on Nov 23. 2019].
- Terrorism, a. and ISIS, R. (2019). Rewards for Justice – Acts of terrorism – ISIS kidnapping networks. [Online] Rewardsforjustice.net. Available at: https: // rewardsforjustice.net/spanish/isis_kidnapping_networks.HTML [Visited on Nov 23. 2019].