- Show more
Causes and consequences of personality disorders
In this essay we have the objective of strengthening the previous knowledge, explicitly and coherently detail the personality disorders (disturbances), these are defined by a strict and inflexible functioning sequence, which occur as explore what difficulties arises inThe environment, in which we see that failures are caused for both the individual and their relatives. (Previous Personality Disorders Unit.)
To talk about personality disorders, we must remember that these alterations are also based on the genes we have of our parents and that we inherit our children.
These in turn are classified into three large groups, which are based on the similarities that their particularities possess these disorders we will divide them into: Group A, Group B and Group C. While it is true that it has been proven that there are subjects, which have several disorders at the same time, this would be located in a group away from those mentioned.
From a neuroscientist diagnosis, he says that this type of disorders is the consequence of the correlation of three components: the biology endowment, the accumulated experiences, the mastery of the circumstantial events over the genetic set and the perspective of the subject.
We see that each of these disorders has characteristics, where it developed and why it develops.
Then we could establish that for these disorders to exist, they have as a background, both the genetic scope, as well as the environment in which their childhood and adolescence develops, these have neurological features, which are currently being studied, in search of treatments to achieve thus achievingcompensate for society capable and flexible individuals.
As in every situation we realize that there are risk factors, and here it is not the exception, these influence and increase the risk of triggering this type of disorders.
This type of disorders influence the affected, as well as each of the members of his family who are part of his daily living.
When talking about personality disorders, we manage to define that those are part of an indelible and severe pattern The internal behavior attitudes that are excluded from the perspectives of the subject’s wisdom, it regularly has its beginnings at the age of adolescent or initiating adulthood, it is constant in time. (American Psychiatric Association, 2018)
According to a study by the magazine (Spanish Psychiatry Acts, 2015) it makes us know that, in the neuroscientist field, it is admitted that human behavior is based on the interrelation of three factors such as the result of the interaction between three elements:
- Refers to the organism’s genetic set.
- The experiences stored by the organism, here mastery of the circumstantial events over the genetic set
- the knowledge of the individual to about a experience lived. (Spanish Psychiatry Acts, 2015)
In addition, we can show that personality disturbances are determined in three groups that perceive the similarities of their qualities. These groups are:
- Group A: These are considered rare or eccentric disorders.
They have as characteristic an acute knowledge scheme. We see here:
About the pattern of distrust and doubts of other people in delay. These are distrustful, resentful and discrepant subjects are always defensive to any circumstance, they tend to feel and consider themselves reasonable, noble and innocent while others will always be the perverse.
The individual has a perpetual indolence model against other people and mutual misunderstanding. On the contrary of schizotypal, here the social relationship is due to voluntary incommunication
This is considered a mental state, in which there is difficulty in interpersonal relationships. (PSYCIENCE ALEJANDRA ALONSO, 2015)
- Group B: These are known as dramatic, emotional or erratic disorders.
These disorders are defined by an insightful scheme of violation of social canons, as an example we could say the behavior that a criminal, impulsive behavior, huge affectivity possesses.
It is the mental state by which an individual has an extensive pattern of manipulation, usufruct or violation of the rights of others. They believe that people are fragile, they have no remorse to the damage caused, they show their aggressiveness and unfair.
Here the pattern of bellicose or inconsistent emotions stands out. It is specified by the insecurity of self-image and interpersonal relationships, such as humor. It is here that humor variations make them think of the option to self-harm or suicide attempt.
It is a mental condition for which people act in a very emotional and dramatic way that attracts attention to them. They can’t stand being ignored or rejected. They use their physical appearance to get attention, as well as exaggeratedly emotional.
It has excessive sense of selfishness, they are extremely concerned about themselves, they do not have an apex of empathy. These are sensitive to satire, for that they have problems with mood. (HospitalPrisma Consumer -oski)
- Group C: They are known as anxious or fearful disorders
This group is characteristic of abnormal fears, this makes the inclusion of social relations, removal and lack of surveillance.
This has a scheme of feeling fearful, improper and impressionable to rejection, this is because they feel violated and unable, because it is perceived as very vulnerable and socially incapable, it feels inferior.
This speaks of the dependence that other people have, they are considered to be depending both affective and physically.
- Obsessive compulsive.
It is a mental state in which the person is extremely concerned about norms, dispositions and control. They are usually perfectionists, they do not delegate their tasks to third parties. (American Psychiatric Association, 2018)
Diagnostic characteristics of personality disorders.
In the diagnostic characteristics of personality disorders they appear:
- Inflexibility .
- Personal, family, social and labor deterioration.. (Clinic May)
Personality is the composition of thoughts and behaviors that differentiates us from others. This is established in childhood and they get involved:
- The genes. As we have ratified, personality features come from the genetics left by parents to children.
- The environment. It is said that the environment in which we develop, the events.
The definition is not found exactly that the CUSA of these disorders requires, but what is real is that the factors influence and increase the risk of triggering this type of disorders, we see the following risk factors:
- References of relatives suffering from personality disorders
- A family life full of abuse, abuse in our childhood.
- Diagnosis of behavior disorder in childhood
- Variations in chemistry and brain structure
Personality disturbances can upset the life of the affected individual as of anyone around him, these disorders can cause problems in the field of relating, both social and personal. (May Clinic, 2016).
From a personal point of view, as we can observe, first of all, we analyze that personality disorders, are that changes in behaviors that individuals present, these cause a taboo in society, anxiety for entering into the world ofPsychology and psychiatry.
We observe that the disorders are usually inherited, that is, they are transmitible through genetics, that is, the genes of our parents transmit us, but they are also based on the environment in which our childhood was developed, whether this family or social or social.
It is here that we observe that these personality disturbances influence the daily life of individuals, the main challenge of this work is to obtain understanding about personality disorders, both in the social area and in the legal field, fundamentally their attribution aboutcriminal behavior.
As we analyze we can realize that these disorders are part of our daily living, and they accompany us many throughout their walk, although it is true there are ways to control this type of behavior, but the ideal is to seek help.
These disorders present us with risk factors that must be tried to correct.
It is important to emphasize disorders, not only affect the person who suffers from it, but rather links the family caused dislikes and frustrations when trying to find a solution to this problem
- Spanish Psychiatry Acts. (2015). Implications of epigenetic mechanisms in the development and treatment of personality disorders. Obtained from https: // actspsiquiatria.es/repository/17/94/ESP/17-94-SP-42-50-175313.PDF
- American Psychiatric Association. (October 2018). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Obtained from https: // psychiatryonline.Org/PB-Assets/DSM/UPDATE/DSM5UPDATE_OCTURE2018_ES.PDF
- Clinic May. (s.F.). Personality disorders. Obtained from https: // www.Mayoclinic.Org/ES-ES/ESCOSES-CONTETIONS/PERSONALITY-DISORDERS/Symptoms-Causes/SYC-2035463
- HospitalPrisma Consumer -oski. (s.F.). Personality disorders. Obtained from http: // hospitalprisma.com/2010/08/26/disorders-personality-2/#: ~: text = group%20b%20 (disorders%20Dram%C3%a1ticos%2c%20-emotional%20o%20er%c3%a1tics) & text = est%C3%A1%20Considered%20como%20un
- Previous Personality Disorders Unit. (s.F.). Obtained from http: // www.foreclosure.com/see/173/type-disore.html/
- PSYCIENCE ALEJANDRA ALONSO. (October 28, 2015). PSYCIENCE. Obtained from what do we mean when we talk about personality and their disorders?: https: // www.PSYCIENCE.com/a-what-referns-when we spend-of-person-and-or disorders/