- Show more
The sanitary measures or (principles of biosafety) is the grouping of preventive measures aimed at conserving control of exposure factors in order to reduce or disappear the hazards towards the person’s health, society, and the environment, which are:
The beginning of self-care refers to daily practices and decisions about them, which a worker is committed to taking care of his health;To this end, meet the sanitary measures, the convenient use of instruments and elements that are provided and provided for their protection is made;prioritizing your care as a caregiver.
Said regulation of "biosafety" must involve subordination therefore the institution. Health workers, sick (if any) and attendees must comply with habit with such specific standards in order to prevent emergencies.
- Placement of protective barriers
These components that are responsible for safeguarding the community infection community.
They are classified into 2 groups:
- Active immunization: "Vaccines"
- Use of physical barriers: ("gloves", mechanics "sterilization", chemicals "antiseptic solutions).
- Universal precautions
- Hand washing every time you are indicated
- Use of antiseptic solutions
- Management of protective barriers according to the requirements of each method.
- Decontamination, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization
- Safe management and elimination of waste and containers
- Toilet and disinfection of the establishment with 10% sodium hypochlorite
Use of protection barriers.
The use of protection barriers is to implement the idea of preventing natural exposure to all types of probably polluting sample, through employment so that appropriate instruments or barriers that are intertwined to the union with them, reducing emergencies
- Protection barriers
- face mask
- gown or apron
ELIMINATION OF CONTAMINATED MATERIAL.
It is the group of instruments, methods for which it carries out, eliminate all kinds of biological samples without danger for operators and society.
However, with this basis, they run the risk of exposing themselves to these adverse factors related to health measures, the following
- Patient risk.
These appear a population with high danger to suffering from some pathology by being exposed or carrying out unstable contacts and various types of bodily fluids also seen microorganisms seen which are located in the general environment, the home, also work also in the places whereprovides health services;And it is more detrimental when they have weakening pathologies or immunodeficiency situations which favor the increase in opportunistic conditions. But also, the patient is a germs carrier who manages.
- Risk for health personnel.
The danger to the health worker is a population with a high danger of suffering some pathology dueworked. Risk and infection happens especially when there is no good protection and above all adequate and minimal biosafety prevention is ignored
- Ministry of Public Health. Biosafety for health establishments. In. Quito;2016.
- Saenz K, Champion S. Level of knowledge and application of the principles of biosafety of the nurse in the surgical center. Redalyc. 2017 June